Best BCAA is a supplement produced by BPI Sports available from Amazon.com, GNC, and the company’s website. There are hundreds of BCAA supplements on the market. Can Best BCAA live up to its name as the best? In this review, we’re going to look at the following areas:
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee
- Contains a 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine
- Comes in 14 flavors
- Third-party lab tested
- Passion Fruit
- Blue Raspberry
- Fruit Punch
- Watermelon Ice
- Rainbow Ice
- Sour Candy
- Arctic Ice
- Snow Cone
- Apple Pear
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Green Fusion
BPI Sports Best BCAA PriceWhen we wrote this review, Best BCAA was selling for US $28.99 from the BPI Sports website for a 300g container with 30 servings. How does this compare to other BCAA supplements? Best BCAA is selling for about $0.97 per scoop. The average BCAA supplement listed on Bodybuilding.com is selling for $0.80 per serving. You may be able to find it a few dollars cheaper per container if you look on Amazon. It’s also selling a dollar cheaper from Bodybuilding.com.
BPI Sports Best BCAA Product SpecificsEach scoop of Best BCAA contains 5g of total BCAAs. This is the standard amount found in most BCAA supplements. It would be nice if it provided more BCAAs per serving since it’s almost 20% more expensive than average. Besides BCAAs, this product contains a 1000mg blend of ingredients containing linoleic acid. It also contains 250mg of agmatine.
Ingredients In BPI Sports Best BCAA
- BCAAs: The primary reasons you should take a BCAA supplement is to help you maintain muscle when in a calorie deficit or to increase endurance during long gym sessions (1, 2, 3). Leucine is the most powerful BCAA (4, 5).
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid: Best BCAA contains oil powder from safflower, avocado, and coconut. However, it’s easy to get linoleic acid naturally through your diet if you’re eating balanced meals. It’s unlikely that supplementation of linoleic acid will have a noticeable effect on your workouts.
- Agmatine: Agmatine is a neurotransmitter derived from L-arginine. The majority of research on this supplement looks at injections instead of oral supplementation. One study found that it significantly reduced lumbar disc pain compared to a placebo (6). However, the study used dosages more than five times the amount found in Best BCAA.
BPI Sports Best BCAA ReviewsBest BCAA has over 1000 reviews on Bodybuilding.com and nearly 500 on Amazon.com. Do customers recommend this product? For the most part, the reviews look positive. On Bodybuiling.com it has an average score of 9.1/10, and on Amazon, it received 4.2/5 stars. Let’s start with the positive. Chris says that he noticed an energy boost. He liked that he didn’t crash after taking it. This customer says that they find Best BCAA helps reduce their recovery times and muscle soreness. The top-ranked flavor on Bodybuilding.com is Apple Pear. The biggest complaint that customers had about this product was that the flavors can be too sweet. This customer highly recommends staying away from Arctic Ice. This customer says he or she has to add more water than the package recommends to dilute the flavor.
BPI Sports Best BCAA Bottom LineOverall, Best BCAA doesn’t stand out. It costs more than the average BCAA supplement but contains the usual 5g of BCAAs of serving. It’s probably a mediocre supplement, but for the price, we’re confident that you can find another BCAA that’s a better value. The biggest selling point of this product is that it comes in 14 flavors. If you do want to try this product, they offer a 30-day money back guarantee from their website. (Have you tried the BPI Sports Best BCAA? Let us know what you think of it below!)