If you’re hitting the gym regularly and grinding out your workouts, you may be considering taking a BCAA supplement.In this review, we’ll break down Evlution Nutrition’s BCAA energy.How does it stack up against its competitors?In our review we’ll cover:
Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy FeaturesFirst, let’s look at the selling points Evlution Nutrition posted on their Amazon page.BCAA Energy can do the following:
- Improve energy and endurance
- Increase rate of muscle repair
- Improve recovery and performance
- Easily mix in a shaker bottle or with a spoon
- Zero carbs and zero sugar
- Delicious flavors
Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy PriceAt the time of writing, BCAA Energy was selling for US $19.99 for 30 servings ($0.67 per serving).A cheaper option is to buy the larger container that comes with 65 servings and sells for $34.99 ($0.54 per serving).By subscribing to the auto-delivery option from Amazon.com, you can save an additional 5%.Bodybuilding.com lists 234 brands of BCAA supplements.The average cost per serving of these 234 BCAA is US $0.80, and BCAA energy is cheaper than about 75% of the supplements listed.
Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy Product SpecificsEach serving of BCAA Energy contains 5g of total BCAAS, with a 2:1:1 ratio of leucine to valine to isoleucine.This is the standard ratio used by many brands of BCAA supplements because Leucine is the amino acids that offers the most benefits (1).Along with BCAAs, this product also contains the ingredients taurine, vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, caffeine, beta alanine, and L-Alanine.Let’s look at each of these ingredients individually.
Ingredients In Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy
- BCAAs: The three BCAAs leucine, isoleucine, and valine can increase protein synthesis and increase muscular endurance (2). If you’re in a calorie deficit, BCAAs may help you preserve muscle (3). BCAAs may reduce fatigue post-workout (4, 5)
- Beta-Alanine: Beta-Alanine’s benefits are similar to the benefits of BCAAs. Supplementation can reduce fatigue after your workout and increasing muscular endurance (6).
- Vitamin B6, B12, C: Vitamin C supplementation may reduce fatigue caused by exercise and decrease muscle soreness (7, 8). Vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 may also reduce post-exercise fatigue and increase endurance (9, 10).
- Caffeine: It’s no secret that caffeine can increase your energy. Each serving of this product contains 110mg of caffeine, a comparable amount as a tall, iced coffee from Starbucks (11).
- Taurine and L-Alanine: L-Alanine may improve your immune system (12). Research on Taurine looks promising for increasing athletic performance. Taurine reduces fatigue and clears waste products from your muscles that cause fatigue (13, 14, 15).
Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy ReviewsThis product has close to 700 reviews on Amazon, and it has received an average rating of 4.6/5-stars.What do customers like?Christopher says that he likes the fruit punch and green apple flavors.He also reports receiving a noticeable energy boost.Sean also reports a good energy boost from this product, and he likes the taste.For him, Blu Raz has been his favorite flavor so far.There aren’t many one and 2-star reviews listed for this product.However, Dan says he didn’t notice much of an increase in energy from this product.Mihai says that he or she found the taste too sweet and that it didn’t dissolve completely.
Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy Bottom LineOverall, BCAA Energy seems like a solid product.Most customers who have used this product say that they got a noticeable energy boost and enjoyed the taste.Along with BCAAs, this product also contains a few other ingredients that can increase your energy during and after your workout.If you’re looking for a cheap BCAA supplement that tastes great, provides an energy boost, and may increase your endurance then get yours on Amazon here.At the very least, BCAA Energy contains as much caffeine as a cup of coffee for less than a dollar per serving.(Have you tried the Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy supplement? Let us know if it worked for you below!)