Ingredients Of MuscleTech BCAACan MuscleTech BCAA 8:1:1 really support protein synthesis for recovery and performance?Let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll find in this BCAA supplement.
- Leucine (800 mg): MuscleTech BCAA 8:1:1 provides 800 mg of the muscle-building amino acid, leucine. Numerous studies have revealed the benefits of leucine including the activation of mTOR, which is essential for protein synthesis or the creation of muscle protein. (1)
- Isoleucine (100 mg): At only 100 mg per serving, I’m not sure if you’ll see the benefits typically associated with isoleucine. At a proper dose, isoleucine can help to improve intra-workout performance by increasing how your body uses glucose for fuel. Isoleucine is also found in many thermogenic supplements as a BCAA for weight loss. (2)
- Valine (100 mg): Again, this is a great amino acid but I doubt you’ll experience any of the benefits of valine given the low dose. At a normal dose of 1.25 grams, valine has been shown to protect hard-earned muscle tissue from catabolism or protein breakdown. (3)
- Sodium (5 mg): An essential electrolyte, sodium is needed during your workouts to support muscle contractions and performance. (4)
MuscleTech BCAA ReviewsDespite the low dosage of isoleucine and valine, customers have still noticed results.Most notably, users have commented on the convenience and recovery time.For someone who needs a true on-the-go supplement, these caplets are ideal.Not surprisingly, users felt an improvement in their 24-hour recovery thanks to the amount of leucine.For those who aren’t accustomed to taking a pill as their primary supplement, you might have some trouble with MuscleTech BCAA 8:1:1. There are numerous complaints – even if the best reviews – of the pill size and the difficulty users have with swallowing more than one serving.
Should You Buy The MuscleTech 8 1 1 BCAA?A ratio of 8:1:1 sounds great until you realize just how little you’re actually getting with MuscleTech BCAA 8:1:1.In most studies, the BCAA dosage is a 2:1:1 ratio of 2.5 grams of leucine, 1.25 grams of isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of valine.Notice I said grams, not milligrams.MuscleTech BCAA 8:1:1 only provides a fraction of that per serving.Even if you take three or four servings, you’ll still be short on isoleucine and valine.I think BCAA caplets are a quick and convenient way to introduce BCAAs into your diet, but only when the dosage reflects the ratio used in studies.This is more of a leucine supplement than a BCAA.With that said, leucine on its own has been shown to support protein synthesis, muscle building, and recovery.Let’s say you take three caplets every day, which is a 2,400 mg dosage of leucine, that still provides you with a two-month supply at a decent price.If you’re a fan of caplets over powder, you want to focus on leucine, and you can find this on sale, MuscleTech BCAA 8:1:1 could be a worthwhile buy.But if you want a true BCAA supplement, I’d advise looking elsewhere.
- Read: The list of best BCAA powders here to see what we recommend using.