These ingredients help your body naturally produce more testosterone.
The Nugenix website describes Nugenix Ultimate as a no fluff testosterone booster for people serious about the gym.
Some testosterone boosters target men over 40 who want to improve their sexual health.
Nugenix Ultimate focuses on enhancing gym performance.
They claim their product can
- Boost free testosterone
- Maximize muscle size and strength
- Increase sex drive and vitality
- Support other muscle building hormones
There are a lot of testosterone boosters that make similar claims, but how does Nugenix Ultimate stack up?
The Quick Review: The Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone Booster seems a little bit over priced in our opinion.
It’s a basic product and the reviews are mixed. You may see some results but more than likely you won’t feel a thing.
There’s much better testosterone boosters for sale than this one.
How to Take Nugenix Ultimate?
Each bottle contains 120 capsules.
Adults should take four capsules with a glass of water at least 30 minutes after a meal.
You can cycle this supplement on for 4 weeks and follow with a period of 2-4 weeks of cycling off.
How much does this supplement cost?
Nugenix Ultimate is selling for a higher price than most other testosterone boosters.
It’s listed at $72.98 on Amazon.com and $79.99 at GNC at the time of writing, but there’s a way to make it cheaper.
GNC offers a 10% discount for a monthly auto-delivery, so being a return customer helps.
Also, if you cycle off this supplement every four weeks, you effectively lower the monthly price.
If you take a two week break after taking Nugenix Ultimate for four weeks, the average monthly price becomes about $49.
If you take a four week break after taking Nugenix Ultimate, the average monthly price becomes about $36.
Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone Booster Ingredients
If you’ve taken a testosterone booster before, you’re probably familiar with at least a few of the ingredients found in Nugenix Ultimate.
Something that we like about the ingredient list is the company isn’t hiding behind blends.
Companies that use blends are usually trying to hide filler in their products.
Here’s the dosages of each ingredient per four capsules:
- D-Aspartic Acid – 3000 mg
- Fenugreek Extract (50% saponins) – 700 mg
- Epimedium Extract (20% icariins) – 625 mg
- Stinging Nettle Extract – 300 mg
- Maca Extract – 200 mg
- Eurycoma longifolia Extract (root) – 150 mg
- Mucuna Extract (40% L-DOPA) – 125 mg
- Boron (as bororganic glycine) – 10 mg
Nugenix claims that there’s no fluff in their product.
Is this true?
Let’s break down Nugenix Ultimate ingredient by ingredient to see what the research says.
- D-Aspartic Acid: D-aspartic acid is a form of the amino acid aspartic acid. So far, there’s promising research on d-aspartic for inactive individuals. One study found a 42% increase in testosterone after 12 weeks (1). Several studies have found d-aspartic ineffective for active individuals. (2, 3).
- Fenugreek Extract: Fenugreek seeds are often used in Indian cuisine. Supplements that rely on Fenugreek as their main ingredient usually rely on fringe research to support their claims. Right now, most studies show Fenugreek extract has no noticeable effect on testosterone production (4, 5).
- Epimedium Extract (Horny Goat Weed): Right now, studies show that epimedium extract has testosterone boosting potential in rats (6). Human research is currently inconclusive.
- Stinging Nettle Extract: Like horny goat weed, rat studies show that stinging nettle may be able to improve testosterone in rats (7). Human research doesn’t back this ability yet.
- Maca Root: There’s no research supporting maca root as a testosterone booster in humans.
- Eurycoma longifolia (Tongkat Ali): Eurycoma may improve stress hormone levels and testosterone production in stressed individuals (8). Studies in rats show that Eurycoma may have anti-estrogen effects too.
- Mucuna Extract: Right now, research supports mucuna extract as a testosterone booster for infertile men (9, 10). Research hasn’t yet confirmed its use on healthy, athletic men.
- Boron: Research on boron looks promising. One study found that 11.6mg of boron supplementation per day increased testosterone levels in healthy men (11). Another study looking at the effects of 10mg of boron a day found a non-significant improvement in testosterone levels (12).
Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone Booster Reviews from Customers
The product reviews for Nugenix Ultimate on Amazon are split.
Nugenix Ultimate has an average star rating of 3.3/5.
Some customers claim they had great results, and other customers claim they wasted their money.
This first customer claims his blood work scores didn’t change after taking this supplement.
This customer reports a tremendous increase in energy after taking Nugenix Ultimate.
This customer reports noticing improvements in energy, muscle mass, and libido at the end of their first bottle.
This user says he thought this supplement was a waste of money.
Should You Take Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone Booster?
The following are some of the advantages of this supplement:
This supplement doesn’t use complexes, which means you know exactly what’s in it
Research is promising on boron and Eurycoma longifolia as testosterone boosters
GNC offers a 10% discount for a monthly subscription
The following are reasons why you shouldn’t take this supplement:
It’s more expensive than other testosterone boosters with similar ingredients
The research shows mild effects at best
It doesn’t contain zinc, which research supports as a testosterone booster
Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone Booster Bottom Line
Overall, Nugenix Ultimate contains some solid ingredients, but we can’t justify the expense for what you get.
If you’re going to drop more than a dollar a day on a supplement, it better be guaranteed to work.
Unfortunately, the results customers get with this product are mixed at best.
The research on the ingredients in Nugenix is also mixed.
You would be better off choosing a cheaper testosterone booster with a similar ingredient list.
(If you’ve used the Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone Booster then let us know in the comments if it worked for you!)