[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_color=”” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” padding_right=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
Looking to lower your estrogen levels and raise your testosterone? Testorex by Nutratech promises to do both of these. However, just because a product claims to be able to do something, doesn’t mean it can actually do it. You work too hard to spend your money on a supplement that doesn’t work. So let’s break down Testorex to see how beneficial it really is. According to the Nutratech website, Testorex
- Increases lean muscle
- Improves libido
- Lowers excess fat
- Increases energy levels
- Increases strength and endurance
- Enhances mood and cognitive function
How to Take Testorex?Each bottle of Testorex contains 60 tablets or 60 servings. However, because of the small dose of ingredients in each capsule, you would likely want to double up on the daily amount. In reality, this would make the bottle about a 1-month supply.
Where Can I Buy Testorex and How Much is It?Testorex is available from the Nutratech website and Amazon.com. At the time of writing, it’s selling for $32.99 on Amazon.com and $39.99 from the company’s website. This is one of the cheapest testosterone boosters we’ve seen on the market, even if you double the daily recommended dose.
IngredientsUnfortunately, Testorex lists its ingredients in a proprietary blend so we can’t break down the exact dosages of each ingredient. This is red flag number two. When a supplement doesn’t list the exact ingredient amounts, it seems like they’re either trying to hide something or fluff the product with filler ingredients. Here’s what’s in one capsule.
- Proprietary Formula -742mg
- Horny Goat Weed
- Tongkat Ali
- Saw Palmetto Fruit
- Orchic Substance (Bull Testicles)
- Wild Yam Root
- Sarsaparilla Root
- Nettle Root
Research BreakdownLet’s examine the research behind each ingredient.
- Horny Goat Weed: Horny goat weed contains an active component known as icariin. It was first discovered when farmers noticed sheep who ate this plant had an elevated sex drive. Research on rats shows that high doses may increase testosterone (1). No research supports its use on humans at this time.
- Tongkat Ali: Most of the research on Tongkat ali examines men with low levels of testosterone (known as hypogonadism). One study found that tongkat ali improved testosterone levels in men with hypogonadism by 46% (2). However, the study didn’t use a placebo group. Another study showed a 37% increase in testosterone in stressed individuals (3). The only study we could find examining Tongkat ali’s effects on healthy individuals was funded by a Tongkat ali supplement brand (never a good sign). However, the study found tongkat ali didn’t affect testosterone levels in healthy men (4).
- Saw Palmetto Fruit: Right now, there’s no research to support the use of saw palmetto fruit in healthy men.
- Orchic Substance: Orchic substance is a fancy way of saying this supplement contains bull testicles. As gross as that may sound, Testorex isn’t the only testosterone booster to include orchic substance. The idea is that if you consume the part of the animal that produces testosterone, your testosterone levels may increase. Unfortunately, there’s no research to support any kind of testosterone boosting effect from bull testicles. Most bulls don’t approve either.
- Wild Yam Root: No research shows that wild yam root can have an effect on human testosterone levels.
- Sarsaparilla Root: Right now, there’s no research to back sarsaparilla as a testosterone booster.
- Nettle Root: This herb is thought to increase the activation of free testosterone in your bloodstream. However, we could only find one study looking at its effects on testosterone in humans (5). The researchers found that even after six months, nettle root had no effect.
- Boron: Boron doesn’t get the attention of other minerals like zinc or magnesium. However, the preliminary research on boron as a testosterone booster looks promising (6). Unfortunately, because boron is the last ingredient listed in Testorex’s blend, it’s likely found in such small amounts that it won’t have an effect on your body.