[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_color=”” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” padding_right=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
Novex Biotech makes some big claims about TestroVax on their website. Their biggest claim is about their key ingredient, D-aspartic acid. One study claims it can increase testosterone production by 42%. TestroVax also contains a few different B vitamins and a blend of 13 herbal supplements. The company claims that these can:
- Increase your natural testosterone levels
- Support muscle mass growth
- Increase energy
- Intensify libido
How do you take TestroVax?Each bottle contains 90 capsules or a month’s supply. The Novex Biotech website recommends taking 3 capsules per day with breakfast. The website doesn’t mention needing to cycle off.
How much does this supplement cost?TestroVax is available at most major online retailers including Amazon.com, GNC, and Bodybuilding.com. TestroVax is selling for $48.97 on Amazon at the time of writing. On the company’s website, it’s selling for $69.99. This price is about in line with most other testosterone boosters. If anything, it may be a little on the expensive side. And if you’re going to drop $50 or more on a supplement per month, you want to be sure it’s going to have an effect. Let’s look at the research to see what you can expect.
Testrovax IngredientsThe product’s label lists the following dosages per three capsules. Unfortunately, the dosages in the proprietary blend aren’t broken down. Without more information, we don’t know how much of each ingredient is in each serving.
Research BreakdownHere’s what the research says about each of the main components of this testosterone booster.
- Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, and Vitamin B12: These three B vitamins are critical for maintaining male health. But only Vitamin B6 is to potential boosts in testosterone. One study found that removing vitamin B6 from the diets of rats led to testosterone deficiency (1). So far, no research supports the claim that the supplements increase testosterone levels in humans.
- D-Aspartic Acid: The Novex Biotech website cites a study in which D-aspartic acid increased testosterone production by 42% (2). The study looked at supplementation of 3g per day. Another study found 2.66g of D-aspartic acid per day can increase testosterone production in infertile men by 30-60% over 90 days (3). Each serving of TestroVax only contains 2.7g of the 13 ingredients in their blend. Don’t expect the same level of testosterone boosting effects from a lower dosage of D-aspartic acid.
- Fenugreek Powder: More research than not shows that fenugreek doesn’t affect testosterone production. One study shows that 8 weeks of Fenugreek supplementation improved testosterone production (4). Other studies in similar settings do not support these findings (5, 6).
- (S)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid HCl: This ingredient is usually known as L-Arginine. It’s a precursor to nitric oxide (NO), which increases blood flow to the testes. Although research supports L-Arginine’s usage for other parts of male health, there’s no research to back it as a testosterone booster.
- Grape (seed & skin) Extract: Grape seeds and skin are high in antioxidants, which can support your health. Only one study looks at the link between grape seed extract and testosterone. It found no effect in the women who took part(7).
- Minor Ingredients: There needs to be more research on the minor ingredients to see what kind of effect on testosterone they can have. Right now, there’s no research to support their use as testosterone boosters.