Abs are made in the kitchen!
..says the person too lazy to workout!
For those who don’t mind putting in a little hard work this gruelling 7 set ab workout will have you reaching your ab goals in no time.
So let’s get to it:
#1 Air Bike
- Lay down on your back, with your hands by the side of your head.
- Raise your legs with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle and raise your shoulders off the ground.
- Now, bring your left knee towards you, while pushing your left leg out forward.
- At the same time, bring your left elbow across your body to meet your right knee.
All of these motions need to be done at in one smooth motion.
Return to the start position and then alternate to the opposite side and repeat until you have done this for as many reps as you can manage.
#2 Overhead Crunches
- Lay down on your back, with your arms stretched out above your head and your legs bent, with your feet placed flat on the ground.
- Raise your shoulders and your upper back off of the ground, bringing your chest up towards the ceiling, keeping your arms straight up above your head. Make sure to keep your lower back and your bum in contact with the ground, then lower yourself back into the starting position. This is one rep. Continue this motion until you have completed 10 reps.
#3 Bottoms Up
- Lay down on you back with your arms by your side and your legs stretched forward together.
- Bring your knees up in to your chest and then push your feet up towards the ceiling, lifting your bum and your lower back off the ground.
- Then reverse the motion, by lowering your lower back and bum back to the ground, bringing your knees back to your chest, and then pushing your feet back out in a straight position, back to how you were at the start.
This is one rep. Continue to repeat this motion for as many times as you can manage!
- Lay down on your front with your arms by your side with your legs stretched straight together and your toes pointed forwards.
- From this starting position, all you need to do is lift your head, chest and as much of your lower body as you possibly can, off the ground and up towards the ceiling.
- Lower yourself in a controlled manner back down to the floor and your initial starting position.
This is one rep. Repeat this exercise for as many as you can manage!
#5 Heel Touch
- Lay down on your back with your hands resting on your chest.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the ground.
- Now raise your shoulders up off the ground, pulling your chest up towards the ceiling.
- From here, bend your body to the right and touch your right heel with your right hand.
- Return back to the starting position and then repeat the same to the left heel.
This is one rep. Do as many as you can!
#6 Toe Touch
- Lay down on your back with your arms by your side.
- Bring your legs straight up to a 90 degree angle towards the ceiling.
- From this position you will then lift your body up off the ground, stretch your arms up in front of you towards the ceiling and touch your toes.
- Lower body back down towards the floor in a controlled manner, with your legs remaining straight up.
This is one rep! Now do as many as you can!
#7 V Ups
- Lay down on on your back with your arms straight out above your head and your legs straight.
- Now, keeping your legs as straight as possible, raise them straight up in the air to a 90 degree angle, while also bringing your arms straight up to touch your legs.
- Make sure to bring your upper back and shoulders off the floor but be sure to keep your lower back and bum on the floor.
- Return your body back into a straight position, in a controlled manner.
This is one rep. Now keep going!
Make sure to give yourself a 15 second rest between each exercise.
Beginners should start by completing one full round.
If you want to push yourself further, then start over and do it all again!