Ultimate Nutrition BCAA 12000 FeaturesAccording to the product’s webpage, BCAA 12000 may benefit bodybuilders, people who weight train regularly, and endurance athletes.Ultimate Nutrition lists the following as selling points.
- Designed to increase endurance
- Delays fatigue while exercising
- Improves performance
- Spares muscle tissue during intense training
- Promotes protein synthesis
Ultimate Nutrition BCAA 12000 PriceAt the time of writing, a 228g container of BCAA 12000 was selling for US $37.95 from Ultimate Nutrition’s website.A 457g container, which contains 60 servings, was selling for US $62.95.If you buy the bigger container, the price per serving is US $1.05.The blue raspberry flavor is selling on Amazon.com for $19.99 for a 457g tub from a third-party seller.On Bodybuilding.com, there are over 200 BCAA supplements listed, and the average price is about US $0.80 per serving.BCAA 12000 is more expensive than about 75 percent of the supplements listed if you buy it from the Ultimate Nutrition website.
Ultimate Nutrition BCAA 12000 Product SpecificsThere’s nothing about this product that makes it stand out from other BCAA supplements.Unlike a lot of other BCAA products, BCAA 12000 doesn’t contain any additional performance-enhancing ingredients.Many supplements that sell for a lower price than BCAA 12000 contain beta-alanine, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, taurine, or L-glutamine.BCAA 12000 uses a 2:1:1 ratio of the amino acid leucine to valine to isoleucine.This ratio is identical to the ratio used by most other BCAA supplements.BCAA 12000 provides a little more BCAAs per serving than most of its competitors (6g compared to 5g).
Ingredients In Ultimate Nutrition BCAA 12000
- BCAAs: The only performance enhancing ingredients in BCAA 1200 are the three BCAAs leucine, valine, and isoleucine. BCAA 12000 includes more leucine than the other two BCAAs because leucine is responsible for most of the benefits BCAAs offer (1, 2). If leucine is the most effective amino acid to supplement, why not take a leucine supplement instead of a BCAA supplement? Research shows that supplementing all three amino acids together has more of an effect than taking leucine alone (3).
- Sucralose: BCAA 12000 is artificially sweetened with sucralose. Research shows that sucralose is unlikely to cause any long-term health issues (4). Some BCAAs use aspartame as an artificial sweetener. Aspartame has been linked to an increased risk of cancer. However, research on aspartame is still inconclusive.
Ultimate Nutrition BCAA 12000 ReviewsThere are only nine reviews on the product’s Amazon page.The product received an average rating of 3.3/5-stars.Julie reports loving the taste of the blue raspberry flavor. She also says it mixed well with water. However, this user reports that BCAA 12000 didn’t mix well and had a terrible consistency. On MuscleandStrength.com, BCAA 12000 has over 150 reviews.It has received an average rating of 4.3/5-stars.This user reports that BCAA 12000 tastes good but that it takes a while to mix completely.Angie says that BCAA 12000 isn’t the best tasting BCAA supplement out there, but it isn’t the worst either.
Ultimate Nutrition BCAA 12000 Bottom LineOverall, BCAA 12000 doesn’t stand out compared to other BCAA products.If you buy it from the company’s official website, it’s more expensive than 75% of the BCAA products listed on Bodybuilding.com.However, it may be significantly cheaper if you buy it from a third-party seller on Amazon.The biggest selling feature of this product is that it comes in eight different flavors.It also provides 6g of BCAAs per serving instead of the 5g that many supplements provide so although it’s not our top rated it definitely doesn’t suck.You can get yours on Amazon here.(Have you tried BCAA 12000 by Ultimate Nutrition? Let us know in the comments what you thought of it!)