Ingredients Of Modern BCAA +USP Labs Modern BCAA+ distinguishes itself with a comprehensive amino acid blend, but are the extra ingredients really worth it?Let’s review the Modern BCAA+ formula to find out.
- 8:1:1 BCAA+ Blend: The standard ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine is 2:1:1, but a BCAA dosage ratio at 8:1:1 provides you with the most muscle-building benefit. Leucine benefits protein synthesis, growth hormone regulation, and recovery; however, since this is a proprietary blend, you don’t know how much of each BCAA you’re getting. A ratio of 8:1:1 sounds great but if each serving only supplies 500 mg of leucine and 250 mg of isoleucine and valine, then it’s not worth much. (1)
- L-Alanine: Not to be confused with Beta-Alanine, another amino acid that is found in many pre-workout supplements, L-alanine is important for the breakdown of glucose and providing fuel for the body. (2)
- Taurine: Found in many energy drinks such as Redbull, taurine is an amino acid that has been shown to be a valuable way to fuel your workouts. Studies show that taurine might be useful for improving performance and reducing muscular fatigue. (3)
- Glycine: Another amino acid, glycine is a building block for different enzymes throughout the body. Studies show that glycine can help to prevent muscle breakdown during intense workout sessions. (4)
- L-Lysine HCl: An essential amino acid, lysine helps to support your body’s immune response. It’s also been shown in studies to improve the body’s ability to utilize glucose for fuel, making it an ideal intra-workout ingredient. (5)
- L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine: This super-charged version of the amino acid, L-glutamine has been shown to be an ideal intra-workout supplement. Studies show that supplementing with L-alanyl-L-glutamine significantly increase exercise endurance and total time to fatigue. In other words, it helps you work out longer. (6)
- Electrolyte Blend: Electrolytes are necessary for healthy muscle contractions. You lose most of your electrolytes through sweat. That mid-workout crash you feel can be the result of low electrolyte levels. Supplementing with electrolytes pre- and intra-workout has been shown to improve overall performance. (7)
- Artificial and Natural Options: Most of the Modern BCAA+ flavors are artificially sweetened, but for those who want to limit their exposure to artificial ingredients, you can find a naturally-sweetened version with Stevia and monk’s fruit.